Re: [DEB-USER] Holiday arrangements

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:50:38PM +0100, Richard Kimber wrote:

> I should appreciate some advice, especially in the light of reported
> difficulties in unsubscribing.

With all due respect to those who have difficulty unsubscribing....

I don't believe a word of it. I run a LUG ( = lots of newbies) and four
lists off majordomo, and I've _never_ seen the kind of difficulties
unsubscribing that I've heard of on this list. The only time I've _ever_
seen this type of thing is when I found that the person simply could not
follow clear instructions. And I suspect that's the problem here. If
you've ever done tech support, you've seen this. You tell the user to
press "K" and they will press "L" and wonder what's wrong. I've given
users explicit instructions and had them execute them. No go. I show up,
query them on exactly what they did, and it sounds right. Then I sit
down at their terminal and do what I told them to do, and it _works_.

I will point out, though, that this might be a reason to implement
mailmain, since mailman comes with a nice web/GUI interface for users,
right out of the box.

Paul