Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 5:58 AM
Subject: X and version and lilo and book problem....

Hi there form Portugal.
Yes i am new to (+/-) to Debian.
I have lots of questions to make, but i will make only 4 for now, quite simple probably, hope someone has the time to help.

1. I dont have this new 3.0 version and i would like to download it do my office pc so i can make a copy and take home. The question is what do i download and where ? to simple to anserw i belive but dont take me wrong, please tell me exactly what to download. please...

2. I have debian instaled ( not this new version ). It took me 7 instalations to get it ok, inexpirience and no help does this things. I got many error messages that times ... well that's the past. But i still cant get de grafical interface well ( i havent played with my unix for 3 moths now, like: Hey i'am back)
I have a Asus V T 7100 deluxe combo, (and yes this one allows me to watch tv ( why ? dont need the a tv set, that's why )), the maximal i got whas 640x480 at 16 cores ( not even 256, and i was not talking about the tv part ... i mean everything ). I know there are drivers avaliable at Nvidia but i dont know were or what to use so i can get then in my pc and then what to do next.

3. I cant understant why i cant have a lilo working with debian win98. The last time i lost my windows 2 times. I remember to have changed a few files by hand ... that i had recall to see someone change too. well that didn work too. Dont say it is easy cause for me it is not, can someone help me to configurate this ?

4. Why debian they ask?  i say why not.
I am reding a book i got somewhere from the web in pdf ( allready got it on paper ) from Dwarf's ( Dwarf's guide do debian GNU / LInux ). i like to know if there are more so that ( and this is the final part of this mail ) i can understand if debian - apache - php - ( email cliente, firewall, pgp etc ) is or not the best solution so that i can FINALLY ( drama ... ) extend my capabilities as a webmaster to something more, ( like total work maker, means no boss ... great ah!!!! ) why ? well i never study anything computer or language related at scholl and i never got to go to the univercity, so all i know is what i teached myself. and i would like to be capable of have my own hosting server ( so i cant understand how it works ).

Thank you form reading, hope to ear from you.

DeVeRaS