Re: Debian 3.0r0 wont 'powerdown'

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 03:25 pm, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
[snip]
> I didn't really feel that Ron's responses lacked grace, but rather
> reflected a degree of frustration, which old-hand Linux users probably
> remember feeling themselves at times.

yeah, but you, patrick, are one of those perennially nice guys [aptly
surnamed in your case], like colin watson. me, i tend to get pissed off with
people who can't preface their brush-offs without, at least, thanking those
who've taken the time to respond.

> I do agree, though, that attention
> to the responses he's had would probably offer a solution, and that often
> Linux solutions require some work on the part of the user (who often must
> simply tolerate disfunctionality when using that other "OS").

we can only hope that this sinks in.

ben