Re: Debian 3.0r0 wont 'powerdown'

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, ben wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 July 2002 02:19 pm, Ron Stordahl wrote:

[...]

> > Ill use the power button, as primitive as it seems, until a future release
> > handles this.

[...]

> the only thing primitive here is your lack of grace in response to the help
> you've been offered. you'll get much further here, and in the rest of your
> life, if you lose that.

I didn't really feel that Ron's responses lacked grace, but rather
reflected a degree of frustration, which old-hand Linux users probably
remember feeling themselves at times.  I do agree, though, that attention
to the responses he's had would probably offer a solution, and that often
Linux solutions require some work on the part of the user (who often must
simply tolerate disfunctionality when using that other "OS").

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman
pwiseman@mindspring.com