Re: Debian 3.0r0 wont 'powerdown'

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 04:19:09PM -0500, Ron Stordahl wrote:
> You may well be correct, however clearly its possible for software to
> determine this an act accordingly, Win9X does manage it.

I'm attempting to help you by describing how things currently work under
Linux; I haven't used Windows in several years so I can't compare
(Windows may just have different failure cases, for all I know).

Actually, I exaggerated the state somewhat; looking at the kernel's help
files, if both ACPI and APM are configured then the first to be loaded
will be used. Disabling one or the other with the documented boot-time
options may help.