Re: boot scripts

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 08:26:44AM -0400, R. Bradley Tilley wrote:
>First time Debian user, long time Linux user (SuSE & RH)
>
>I have an iptables firewall script that I would like to execute automatically
>at boot. I expected to find a rc.boot or rc.local file where I could enter
>the path to the FW script so it would start at each boot, but I only found a
>rc.boot directory. I am running Debian 3.0 stable.
>
>My question is, what do I put into the rc.boot directory to make the script
>start? Or if that's not the place to put this type of thing, where is it?

Try this method. Run your script by hand so it loads all your rules.
Then run

/etc/init.d/iptables save active

this should create a set of rules named active that get loaded upon
startup. You can also create an inactive set of rules that will be
loaded when the init script tells iptables to stop.

HTH

--
Peter Hicks
GnuPG public key: http://jah.net/~petong/public_key.txt