Re: Status of KDE 2.2.x or 3.0.x in Woody

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 06:06:41PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Late last year, I know that KDE 2.2.2 was badly broken in
> Woody.

I think that was just the libpng mess, which was sorted out.

> I see that kdelibs_3_ is at v2.2.2, and that confuses me.
> What is the score there?

It's probably because many of its component libraries are at version
3.0.0. The number tacked onto the end of the package name is usually
there for technical reasons, expressing how many times backward
compatibility has been broken, while the version number of KDE as a
whole is in many ways closer to marketing.