RE: Status of KDE 2.2.x or 3.0.x in Woody

On 29-Jul-2002 Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Late last year, I know that KDE 2.2.2 was badly broken in
> Woody.  Since I had no need for KDE apps, I ceased to follow
> it's progress.  Now that Woody is shipping, does that mean
> that KDE 2.2.2 is stable?  What about KDE3?
>
> I see that kdelibs_3_ is at v2.2.2, and that confuses me.
> What is the score there?

it was renamed from kdelibs to kdelibs3 when the packaging was completely
redone.  It is an unfortunate name.

2.2.2 should be stable enough people have been using it since last year.  I
used konqueror 2.2.2 daily for several months until I started playing with the
new 3.x packages.