exim tls/authentification/relaying

Hi,

I would like to enable relaying for a small number of outside hosts.
I want to do that correctly (ie. keeping my server not an open relay).

My first idea was authentification. It works but to be safe it clearly
needs to be done on a TLS session.

So I need to configure my exim to support TLS. My understanding is that
if I do both server and client certificates verification, then I don't
even need authentification.
Unfortunately I am unsucessfull at configuring TLS.

As someone an exim.conf example for me ?

Alternatively, I know about an another possibility. Using the prior imaps
authentification to allow smtp relaying for a few minutes. This is very
easy because you have nothing to do at the client side (only fetch your
mail in a secure manner) and then you can use the smtp server as a
simple smarthost. I know this is possible with postfix, has someone a
similar config for exim ?

Thanks,
Christophe

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
   Albert Einstein, On Science