Re: Locale problems

Ronald Castillo wrote:
Hello..
After compiling and installing KDE, this problem started showing up pretty frequently:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC_MESSAGES = "spanish",
        LANG = "es_ES@euro"

I tried to fix this by doing a "dpkg-reconfigure locales -plow" and "eurocastellanizar" to restore my locale settings but this keeps showing up. Can anyone please give me some help on how to fix this?

Thanks for your help..

Ronald Castillo

Edit /etc/environment to be correct.
According to the "Debian Euro HOWTO" you should specify LC_*
and LANG in the same way.
Check what 'locale' gives as an output. I recommend you specify everything as "es_ES@euro". I repeat, do not mix "spanish" with "es_ES@euro".

In other words:
LC_MESSAGES=es_ES@euro

If I'm going to stick with debian, my contribution will have something to do with the locales/keymaps system. I currently think it sucks.

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net