Re: ssh'ing into DB3.0 for restart?

>> On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:48:08 -0700
>> Johannes Graumann <graumann@its.caltech.edu> wrote:
>> Sorry, should have made this more clear. After 'ssh -2 -c 3des host02
>> reboot' on host01 I get a 'bash: reboot: unknown command'.
> On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:43:47 -0500
> Jamin W.Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:
> That would be due to reboot not being in the PATH of the user your
> connecting to host02 as.  The path to it is /sbin/reboot.  But, the user
> you are connecting as probably won't have rights to execute it.
This is not the case. The central problem I don't seem capable
to deal with on my own is the fact that a 'reboot' as root on host02 works
properly, while I can't remotely shut it down from host01 via 'ssh -2
-c 3des -l root host02 reboot' - I get a 'bash: reboot: command not
found'.
I followed this up and behold: if I say on host01 'ssh -2 -c 3des -l root
host02 echo $PATH', I get the PATH of host01 - really weired. Well,
following some intuition I tryed 'ssh -2 -c3des -l root host02
/sbin/reboot' and that works!

I'm puzzeled - can somebody please explain to me why this happens?

Thanks, Joh