Re: stable-testing-unstable-experimental??

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 12:26:34PM -0300, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I kept reading emails from a developer in the gnome list.He needs a bug
> confirmed and apparently there isn't a lot of people that use this
> particular app.
> It seems that everybody that wants an app that is not at least included
> in testing just goes ahead and compiles it from source.
> Wouldn't it be better to include something like experimental into the
> distrotree to give developers a wider potential userbase to get bugs
> sorted out?
> Just a thought.
Yes there is experimental.

Chapter 2 of "Debian Reference" describe debian archive:

   /project/:
          mostly developer-only materials, such as:

        project/experimental/:
                This directory contains packages and tools which are
                still being developed, and are still in the alpha testing
                stage. Users shouldn't be using packages from here,
                because they can be dangerous and harmful even for the
                most experienced.

Used mostly for absolutely important Debian packages.

For your needs described above, existing normal "unstable" is sufficient.

 Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA
 See "User's Guide":     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
 See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/
 "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net

 I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.