Re: keyboard layout in xterm and console

I tried another way (which is not recommended in the Euro HOWTO):

/etc/environment:

LANG=fi_FI@euro

(don't have a line "LC_ALL=" at all)

Now I get a Finnish keyboard layout in a console, my gnome appears in English, but a terminal such as xterm or multi-gnome-terminal still doesn't work. I guess their locale is specified by gnome, as "locale" shows "C" instead of fi_FI@euro.

This might help you a bit on the way. I don't know about the messages in German, but I get them in English this way.

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net