Re: installing Qpopper

This one time, at band camp, Richard Otte said:
> I installed qpopper and am unable to find the program.  If I understand
> the documentation, there should be a file 'popper' that is the program.
> But reading the list of files on the Debian page on qpopper, I find no
> popper file listed.  A lot of man and documentation files are listed,
> and usr/bin/popauth, etc/pam.d/qpopper, and etc/qpopper.conf.  The
> documentation talks a lot about compiling from source.  Do I need to get
> the source for popper from qualcomm and compile it, or is the program
> included in the deb (and I just can't find it).  Sorry this sounds so
> stupid--this is the first time I've been unable to even find the program
> in a debian package.  Any help on installing qpopper would be
> appreciated. Thanks,
>
> Ric
steve@hadrian:~$ dpkg -L qpopper
/.
/usr
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/popauth
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/in.qpopper
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/qpopper
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/README
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/LMOS-FAQ.html
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/Release.Notes.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/rfc1939.txt.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/LMOS-FAQ.html
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/Release.Notes.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/rfc1939.txt.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/copyright
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/GUIDE.pdf.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/README.Berkeley.gz
/usr/share/doc/qpopper/rfc2449.txt.gz
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man8
/usr/share/man/man8/in.qpopper.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/popauth.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/popper.8.gz
/etc
/etc/pam.d
/etc/pam.d/qpopper
/etc/qpopper.conf
/var
/var/spool
/var/spool/popbull
/var/spool/pop
Looks like /usr/sbin/in.qpopper is the binary you're looking for.
HTH,
Steve
--
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.
		-- Kirk, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.8