Re: xserver-xxx for Nvidia cards

El sáb, 27-07-2002 a las 10:00, Emil H escribió:
> Hi
>
> I have no nvidia* dirs under /usr/share/doc !??
>
> Reason?
I dont know. I think you should have it.
The following lines are the ones in the README.Debian
I think it's enough for you.
Ask for more if needed.

nvidia-kernel-src for Debian
----------------------------

To build the nvidia-kernel deb you need to first make sure you have
kernel-package installed, then do the following:

        cd /usr/src
        tar -zxf nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz
        cd linux (or your kernel source directory)
        make-kpkg modules_image
        cd /usr/src
        dpkg -i nvidia-kernel-KVER*.deb

Note: It is advised not to clean the kernel source tree between
"make-kpkg kernel_image" and "make-kpkg modules_image".

If you don't have network access on the machine you are building on you
need to
download from
http://205.158.109.140/XFree86_40/1.0-2880/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.tar.gz
and put the file in /usr/src before the make-kpkg step.

Also you must add any users who wish to use OpenGL applications to the
group
video. You can do this with:

        adduser username video

 -- Randall Donald <rdonald@debian.org>, Thu,  4 Sep 2001 23:20:00 -0700

nvidia-glx-src for Debian
-------------------------

To build the nvidia-glx deb you need to first verify that you have
dpkg-dev and
debhelper installed, then do the following:

        cd /usr/src/nvidia-glx-1.0.2880
        dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
        cd /usr/src
        dpkg -i nvidia-glx*.deb

        Modify your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

If you don't have network access on the machine you are building on you
need to
download from
http://205.158.109.140/XFree86_40/1.0-2880/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2880.tar.gz
and put the file in /usr/src.

Note about OpenGL headers: The header files in the nvidia-glx-dev
package
are no longer installed to /usr/include/GL but to
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-dev/include/GL. This is similar to what NVIDIA
does in their own packaging, allowing use of and not overwriting
preinstalled headers (e.g. xlibmesa-dev). If you wish to use the NVIDIA
supplied headers (e.g. you require NVIDIA GL extensions) you must copy
them to
/usr/include/GL yourself or include
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-dev/include in
your includes path when compiling.

 -- Randall Donald <rdonald@debian.org>, Thu,  4 Sep 2001 23:33:00 -0700

--
The chains are broken and the door is open wide
Our eyes adjusting to the light that was denied

	http://www.es.debian.org/intro/about.es.html