Re: ssh'ing into DB3.0 for restart?

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 18:26, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why can't I do on host01 something like 'ssh -2 -c 3des host02 reboot' if
> host02 is a DB3.0 box?

Well, is there an error message, or does it just hang?  If it
just hangs, I'd bet it has something to do with you going
across the wire, and then reboot does a pesky "K20network stop"
in the middle of network activity.

>From the reboot man page:
  -i   Shut down all network interfaces just before halt or reboot.

So, maybe try "ssh -2 -c 3des host02 reboot -i"

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |