Re: testing=sarge be careful with updates!

What is the thing that everyone likes best about Debian--probably apt-get
updating.  Well Mandrake has an apt-get form of RPM.  So the arguement of
reinstall every 6 months or so is becoming mute.

BTW, I do run testing on my desktop system...my system is now in the progress of
updating to Sarge/Testing.

On 26-Jul-2002 Suraj Kumar wrote:
> Ross Burton wrote on Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 11:52:20AM +0100:
> rb>
> rb> If you want the latest but tested software, switch to testing.  The
> rb> problem of tracking RedHat/Mandrake/etc is having to completely
> rb> reinstall the OS every 6 months or so... And RH/MDK/etc really lack the
> rb> number of packages that Debian has.
>
> and the noteworthy point with debian is that you have to 'install' it
> only once.. _all_ upgrades happen without reboots.
>
> Talking of cutting edge you can get even more cutting edge on unstable.
>
>   -Suraj
> --

Arlen Carlson <arlen@carlsontech.net>

You will remember something that you should not have forgotten.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)
                        /\\
                       _\_v