Re: testing=sarge be careful with updates!

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 11:45, adcarlson@aei.net wrote:
> Personally I'm letting my desktop system upgrade to Sarge.  Woody, even if just
> released is way way behind the commercial distros...KDE, Mozilla, Gnome, to
> name but a few of the most noteable reasons to try to bring my Debian-based
> system up to reasonable cutting edge.
> In fact I've been toying with the idea of catching up to cutting edge by
> running something like Mandrake or SuSE which are appearing to be more with
> cutting edge at this point in time.

If you want the latest but tested software, switch to testing.  The
problem of tracking RedHat/Mandrake/etc is having to completely
reinstall the OS every 6 months or so... And RH/MDK/etc really lack the
number of packages that Debian has.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com