Re: testing=sarge be careful with updates!

Personally I'm letting my desktop system upgrade to Sarge.  Woody, even if just
released is way way behind the commercial distros...KDE, Mozilla, Gnome, to
name but a few of the most noteable reasons to try to bring my Debian-based
system up to reasonable cutting edge.

In fact I've been toying with the idea of catching up to cutting edge by
running something like Mandrake or SuSE which are appearing to be more with
cutting edge at this point in time.

On 26-Jul-2002 CaT wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 09:45:13AM +0100, Liam Ward wrote:
>> I was baffled this morning when apt-get wanted to upgrade 106 packages until
>> I realised my mistake. A
>> good reason why automatic upgrading is a bad idea IMHO.
>
> 106? Must... resist... upgrade... hit. i am...NOT addicted to upgrades.
> MUST... resist... MUST stay with woody...
>
> gnargh...
>
> --
>| You wake up. The room is spinning very gently | >i
>| round your head. Or at least it would be if   | You have:
>| you could see it which you can't.             |   a splitting headache
>|                                               |   no tea
>| It is pitch black                             |
>

> --

Arlen Carlson <arlen@carlsontech.net>

Tuesday After Lunch is the cosmic time of the week.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)
                        /\\
                       _\_v