Re: testing=sarge be careful with updates!

    Liam> Just a quick note to anyone who wants to run woody and whose
    Liam> sources.list still refers to "testing".  Testing is now pointing
    Liam> to "sarge" so you need to change testing to stable in sources.list
    Liam> if you want to stick with woody.

    Liam> I was baffled this morning when apt-get wanted to upgrade 106
    Liam> packages until I realised my mistake. A good reason why automatic
    Liam> upgrading is a bad idea IMHO.

It does what you have requested: track testing.  If you want to stay woody,
why not just put "woody" into it instead of "stable" or "testing"?

BTW, this is a good sign: IIRC a week ago there is some news saying that the
new testing distribution (sarge) cannot start because the script pushing
packages into testing would use up all the available RAM in the Debian
servers and crash.  It seems that they have sorted out their problems. :-)

Regards,
Isaac.