[SOLVED]Re: Reconfiguring sound with X

Kent West wrote:

My problem is that xmms complains about not having the right sound output selected if I try using it in KDE. If I try using it in ICEWM, it works just fine. So I figure it's some sort of conflict between KDE's sound [daemon|server|whatever] and xmms. So I may be remembering Mozilla's question and applying it to the wrong problem.

Never mind; it was my fault. It was only a certain user that had this problem. And of course, this certain user just underwent a name change by me. Whereas I think I changed the name everywhere it was important (/etc/passwd,shadow,group,home directory,etc), there were a couple of .dcop files in her home directory with her old username on them. Deleting those two files allowed xmms to start working.

Thanks!

Kent