Re: Debian 3r0 problems with IDE-SCSI

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, John W. M. Stevens wrote:
> And got a message indicating that the ide-scsi module did
> not exist.  It was, indeed, on my HDD . . . but a moments
> digging indicated that the Debian setup is based on initrd.
>
> So, mount the initrd image, take a look, and sure enough,
> the ide-scsi.o object file was not in the cramfs image.

Rather than changing the initrd.img I would just add "ide-scsi" to the
/etc/modules file.  That's all I've ever done and it works like a charm.
If you also have a SCSI controller you should add "ide-probe-mod" on
the line before "ide-scsi"

> cramfs: wrong magic

I wouldn't worry about that line too much.  I always get the same line in
my log file, but it has never caused any problems with my system.
	-- Robert