Re: mailman problem

Hi,
For my "potato" mailman setup I needed to unpound the line
"user = list" in the exim.conf file. (I have since then dist-upgraded to woody
and all still works just fine)
Also, what does your /etc/aliases look like?
I had to add a few lines to it to make mailman work.

example additions to /etc/aliases
(assume your mailing list is called matrix)

mailman: yourname@yourdomain.com
mailman-owner: mailman
matrix:                    "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post matrix"
matrix-admin:              "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner matrix"
matrix-request:            "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd matrix"
owner-matrix:              matrix-admin
matrix-owner:              matrix-admin

I'm not too sure, but I think if you were to add more mailing lists to your
mailman server, you have to add these lines again that correspond to the
mailing list name.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike