Re: BIND alternatives

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 09:54, Paul Johnson wrote:

> > And: the DNS *protocol* was desind without security in mind. You won't
> > get around this (until DNS-whatever (-sec? -ng?) is really used).
>
> I haven't ever heard of this...what is it?

I don't follow the development in this area, but there are ongoing
efforts to make DNS secure, the main goals being (I think) to make DNS
spoofing impossible. But this can not be done within the current DNS
protocol, it will be a replacement of DNS, and so a lot of software will
have to be adapted. (Again: I think).

cheers
-- vbi

--