Re: How to stop local mail..

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:22:22PM -0700, Leo Spalteholz wrote:

It contained a ton of output from the command line: errors, commands
typed, program output etc..  Most of it was the output from the yes
command when I accidentally ran it in the background once and didn't
notice for a while :P.  Why would it send stuff like that to my user
account?  How do I stop it?

You don't want to stop it.  Some of it may be important system
messages, at also sends it's output by email.  Check your local mail
occasionally.
Yes, Some of it may in fact be important system messages but I cant look through an 800MB file to find them.  I understand sending errors and stuff but it sent one bigass message with the output from yes running for a minute!  Is there a way to make it only send important things?

Thanks,
Leo
-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org