Re: Modem Gateway

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 11:42, Geoff Crompton wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:58, Dan wrote:
> > I have only tried: start and restart not stop.
> >
> > I copied the scripts directly from your email.
> >
> > Does the first line of the file /ect/firewall.conf needs to have a:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
>
>   Yes, this tells the exec() call how to run the command, that it needs to
> invoke the /bin/sh program to run the file.

Normally, yes. In this case its not necessary, because in my
/etc/init.d/firewall I call it as

. /etc/firewall.conf

This brings the commands from the files and executes them in the present
shell (As if firewall.conf was actually inserted into the
/etc/init.d/firewall script)

Of course adding #!/bin/sh to the top isn't going to hurt in any way
whatsoever :)

Crispin