Re: OT: Flamebait: Text vs HTML email - Long message

Kent West wrote:
James asked "What can be expressed in HTML that can't be expressed as well, if not better, as an attachment?" The first thing that popped into my mind was multiple colours for quoting. Yes, yes, the > and >> and >>> suffice, but I think a case could be made that red for one person's quotes and blue for another's and black for a third's is more easily picked up by the brain. Note that I'm not saying it's expressed vastly better than plain text, but that a case could be made that
it is expressed better.

In Mozilla, you can do this by adding the following to userContent.css in the chrome directory of your profile:

blockquote[type=cite] {
color: navy ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote {
color: maroon ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote {
color: green ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote {
color: purple ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote blockquote {
color: teal ! important;
}

Change the colors to suit your preferences, # of 'blockquote's equals the number of the level of quoting that the color affects[you can add more if you want, I don't remeber what happens if the is a sixth level of quoting since it is such a rare occurence.]