Re: Sysklogd 'freezing' machine when remote server croaks.

> don't know then. I can't imagine why this would happen.
>
> very strange .......so everything freezes on the system, no console
> login or anything? can you ping them? does the kernel log(dmesg)
> show anything once the system is back?
>
> nate

Services that don't need to write to syslog seem to work.  I had a
user-land session open at the time, but couldn't su or sudo to kill off
syslog.  System logging _stopped_ while the machine was out.  Nothing of
interest in the logs around that time.  Does this on two machines.
System only comes back when I reset/power cycle.

For some reason, a couple of the other machines here didn't have the same
problem, and none of the offsite machines seem to have died on me.

Most oddly of all, was a Cisco 801 croaking, and going down to one
channel, repeatedly telling the syslog server it was connected to another
plant.  A power cycle fixed that though.

Mike