Re: BIND alternatives

At 2002-07-24T18:40:02Z, David Wright <ichbin@shadlen.org> writes:

> The constant reports of new BIND vulnerabilities, related to the fact that
> BIND was not designed with security in mind. The complexity and that comes
> from trying to be able to do lots more than I need.

I haven't heard too much about BIND recently, although I do admit that it's
rather big.  Still, it's always nice to discover that you desperately need
feature 'X', and then find out that BIND (or Sendmail, same idea) has it
ready for use.  I'd probably still advice running BIND (in a sandbox if
possible).  If you really don't want it, then my next piece of advice is to
avoid DJBDNS unless Open Source isn't particularly important to you, and you
know that you'll never need the features that DJB refuses to have
implemented.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/