Re: [Help] ttyS1 is not working!!!!

<quote who="axacheng">
> Hello List :
>
> i have two modems that connect to two serial port (ttyS0,ttyS1)

> however, i type "cat /dev/ttyS1" it DID NOT ANY respond from ttyS1!!!!
>
> i checked /proc/tty/driver/serial ,got some information as follow: 0:
> uart:16550A port:3F8 irq:4 baud:9600 tx:58092 rx:8328903 DSR|CD 1:
> uart:16550A port:2F8 irq:3 baud:9600 tx:0 rx:0
>
> so, i am very sure ttyS1 is NOT working!

> Anyone got ideas as to the nature/solution of this problem?

is that the real address of the com port? last i read the kernel
was not able to "detect" the com ports at the correct address it
just puts in the default values(i think i read this on the setserial
manpage). usually the bios has the ability to specify what IRQ/IO
address the com port will be on, check that setting and compare to
what the kernel sees.

you may have to use setserial to manually set the I/O and or IRQ
address. also are you sure the serial port is working? I have
an Asus CUV4X where serial port 0 recently failed, it still responds
but one or more of the pins is dead.

nate