Re: XFree 4.2 Experimental 2

>>>> "Ronald" == Ronald Castillo <ronaldace@cantv.net> writes:

Ronald> Hello..  I have read about some experimental XFree 4.2 debs, and
Ronald> I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if it works fine
Ronald> or if there is any bug bugs in it because I need to install it
Ronald> in order to have support fir my S3 Trio 64 V+ video card (vesa
Ronald> support under XFree 4.1 works terribly for me).

I installed the 4.2 debs on a laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility and
they work very well indeed. The laptop runs Debian 3.0.

I hit one snafu in the course of the configuration process, but that
was because of a mistake of mine and it was relatively easily fixed.

The automatic configuration tool (dexconf) seems to have really
matured.

Jim