XFree 4.2 Experimental 2

----------- Mensaje Original --------------

De: Hubert Chan [hubert@uhoreg.ca]
Para: debian-user@lists.debian.org [debian-user@lists.debian.org]
Asunto: Re: XFree 4.2 Experimental
Fecha: 21/07/2002 14:43:14
Mensaje:

	  			>>>>> "Ronald" == Ronald Castillo <ronaldace@cantv.net> writes:

Ronald> Hello..  I have read about some experimental XFree 4.2 debs, and
Ronald> I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if it works fine
Ronald> or if there is any bug bugs in it because I need to install it
Ronald> in order to have support fir my S3 Trio 64 V+ video card (vesa
Ronald> support under XFree 4.1 works terribly for me).

Ronald> Also, can anyone please send me the link to these debs? And, if
Ronald> possible, a sources.list line for the sources so I can compile
Ronald> it myself because I have woody (sarge, actually, but it's
Ronald> currently the same thing).

See http://raw.no/x4.2/ which is a list of mirrors of Branden's official
unofficial debs.  It includes sources lines for both binaries and
sources.  The binaries are for sid, but I don't think that sid and
woody/sarge are that far apart at the moment that it would matter that
much.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA

Thanks for your help, but now I have some other problems:

While compiling, it seems like I ran out of hard disk space.. (I only have
about 700 Mb free..)

I have another hard disk on another PC (WinXP) I can access using Samba,
but if I try to mount it and then I try to compile I get some "operation
not allowed" errors (seems like there are some things that can't be done
using a Samba mount).

Is there any way I could use the space on that other hard drive (about 15
gigs free) for compiling the kernel? say, for example, will UMSDOS work
over Samba (if it will, how can I do it?) or any other suggestions?

Thanks for all your help..

Ronald Castillo