Re: gtk and mozilla slow

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Klaus Imgrund wrote:

> I have the latest drivers for my card (SIS) in the kernel and in X those
> are not even included in the stock kernel or X yet.
> Swap is ok with 130mb free.

Hello.

Actually I have no idea about any solutions for your problem, but I have
also a SiS-based graphics adapter (SiS 530 integrated with mainboard) and
I've also noticed it's rather slow. Also under windoze. I haven't noticed
it's particularly slow with GTK, but I'll check it. I don't know much
about any other SiS chipsets, but I think SiS 530 isn't very good. Its
major advantage is low price.

Does anybody have bad/good experience with SiS VGA chipsets?

Regards,

Adam