Re: directPC vs Starband (slightly off topic)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, dave mallery wrote:
<snip>
> hi
>
> i will be forced to go to one of the satellite providers shortly.

Dave

What satellite provider did you go with?
I hope your experience was good.

Would anyone using a satellite ISP please
relate how you did and which one you used?

I'm going to have to do this my self. I
have tried several local ISPs here in the
boondocks of Western NC (50 miles from
Asheville (60,000), 30 from Waynesville
(20,000) and 5 miles from cable and ADSL.
At $1/foot I can almost launch my own
satellite cheaper. ADSL? don't ask. The
phone companies won't talk to me.

David Teague