Sendmail after upgrade to woody

After upgrade to woody on my sparc sendmail was refusing to deliver
anything but internal mail:

Jul 22 18:00:08 weeble sm-msp-queue[15151]: STARTTLS=client, error: load
verify
locs /etc/ssl/certs/, /etc/mail/ssl/sendmail-server.crt failed: 0

Was in mail.warn

And commenting out the whole section in sendmail.cf starting with:

# CA directory
#O CACERTPath=/etc/ssl/certs/
# CA file
#O CACERTFile=/etc/mail/ssl/sendmail-server.crt
# Server Cert
#O ServerCertFile=/etc/mail/ssl/sendmail-server.crt
# Server private key
#O ServerKeyFile=/etc/mail/ssl/sendmail-common.key
# Client Cert

Seemed to fix it.... I guess these are to do with using SSL certificates
between the mail servers to encypt mail transfers... But I don't have an
SSL certificate......

Anyone have any ideas if it was me in the wrong or some messed up
defaults?