Re: Can't locate modules

>>>>> "ian" == ian  <ianrs@SoftHome.net> writes:

ian> I recently installed kernel 2.4.18 on my previously running potatoe
ian> (v2.6). Everything seemed fine, except that none of my modules will
       ^^^  you mean 2.2r6?
ian> load.  I keep getting an error with modprobe;

ian> modprobe: can't locate "the module"

ian> I noticed that my /lib/module/2.4.18/module.dep is empty, could
ian> this be a problem?  ian

AFAIK, you need to upgrade your modutils to at least version 2.4, since
versions before that can't handle kernel 2.4's directory structure.

Adrian Bunk used to have the necessary packages for running a 2.4 kernel
under potato, but he resigned from Debian, and his directory got
deleted.  You might be able to find them somewhere, or you could compile
the woody/sid package from source.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA