Re: unrequested packages on dist-upgrade

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:31:15 -0400 "Michael P. Soulier"
<msoulier@storm.ca> wrote:

>     I don't even know how bonobo got on the system, since there's no
> application I'm using that requires it. I guess that brings us back to
> the original topic. ;-)

Probably at at time when you used dselect to install a few packages. I
think dselect also selects for install packages that are recommended or
suggested by the ones you select yourself.

Those in your example seem to be related to gnumeric. Removing them
might not trip any alarms in apt-get, but you may find yourself unable
to produce graphics from gnumeric...

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/