Re: unrequested packages on dist-upgrade

On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 21:09, Lance Simmons wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:23:31AM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> >
> > I don't believe that I have anything on my system that requires the
> > bonobo libraries, so why is apt trying to install them?
>
> If you install them, and then try to delete them, you'll find out what's
> depending on them. I'm sure there's an easier way, but that will
> certainly work.

If you have aptitude installed, start it, press u (update), then g (go
install) _once_, that'll give you a list of the packages to be updated.
Select one of the suspect packages, then press r (reverse depends). This
will tell you what depends on the suspect package.
--
First Impressions are Bunk.