Re: naming schemes (was Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released)

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 09:09:42PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 08:33:05PM -0400, Seneca wrote:
> | On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 01:35:57AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> | > On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 03:06:30PM -0400, Arthur H. Johnson II wrote:
>
> | > I vote for the "next" naming scheme to be greek and roman philosophers.
> |
> | Of course, that would not be the same naming scheme that was used when I
> | was named. The naming scheme used by my parents && their friends was
> | bodies of water. From what they told me, it was either going to be
> | Seneca or Canandaigua (we lived in Rochester, and those were 2 nearby
> | lakes). At least I got the name I can spell without checking the atlas.
>
> Very interesting.  The first thing I thought of when I saw your name
> is the "Indian" tribe.  Of course, that's where those names in Western
> New York come from.  I'm from Greece, and will be moving back there
> next week -- my co-op in Elgin (IL) will be over then.  Are you going
> to apply to RIT in 2 months?  They have a good engineering program
> (though SE is better than CE :-)).  Hopefully next year will be my
> last one before graduation!  (though I'll have a heavy workload with
> classes all three quarters, and another quarter of co-op to finish!)

I don't think I'll apply to places in the States, too expensive for a
resident of Canada like me (moved when I was ~18 months). I'm thinking
of applying to some of the more local places: Waterloo, U of T, Ryerson.

I just hope I can get my OAC English mark high enough. My other courses
will be easy. (I can't wait for second semester... computer tech (OAC is
when we get to input opcodes into a 68000 (I think)), computer problem
solving (I've heard that it is mostly building a website... I wonder how
much it will throw a wrench into the works when I insist upon coding my
own HTML instead of using M$ FrontPage (the entire school board uses
M$)), and physics). It is rather unfortunate that I have completed my
school's highest level CS course (grade 12), as having one this time
round would really make my marks fly.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com