naming schemes (was Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released)

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 08:33:05PM -0400, Seneca wrote:
| On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 01:35:57AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
| > On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 03:06:30PM -0400, Arthur H. Johnson II wrote:

| > I vote for the "next" naming scheme to be greek and roman philosophers.
|
| Of course, that would not be the same naming scheme that was used when I
| was named. The naming scheme used by my parents && their friends was
| bodies of water. From what they told me, it was either going to be
| Seneca or Canandaigua (we lived in Rochester, and those were 2 nearby
| lakes). At least I got the name I can spell without checking the atlas.

Very interesting.  The first thing I thought of when I saw your name
is the "Indian" tribe.  Of course, that's where those names in Western
New York come from.  I'm from Greece, and will be moving back there
next week -- my co-op in Elgin (IL) will be over then.  Are you going
to apply to RIT in 2 months?  They have a good engineering program
(though SE is better than CE :-)).  Hopefully next year will be my
last one before graduation!  (though I'll have a heavy workload with
classes all three quarters, and another quarter of co-op to finish!)

-D

--
He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the Lord.