Re: SanDisk ImageMate mount problem...

Rick Commo wrote:

> I put the SanDisk back into the Win2K box and it identifies itself as an
> "SDDR55USB/SM".  On my Gentoo Linux partition I can use usbview and the
> device pops up as an ImageMate (don't recall any model number through).
> However it still gets the same error.

A quick search of Google for "SDDR 55 Linux USB Mass Storage" turns up
a tech support page at sandisk.com that says that the SDDR-55 is not a
USB Mass Storage device and is not supported under Linux. So I think
you're out of luck on this one.

In fact, SanDisk's web site says specifically that only the SDDR-31 and
SDDR-33 are supported under Linux. The SDDR-31 only reads Compact Flash
cards, and the SDDR-33 reads SD cards (I'm not sure what they are, but
they apparently are something different from SmartMedia) and
MultiMediaCards (ditto). So if you specifically need a SmartMedia
reader, I think you'll have to look for another brand. Sorry.

Craig