Re: Can't eject cdrom

--- Rox de Gabba <rok.ruzic@telemach.net> wrote:
> > Cold-booting the computer should work as a last resort.  Hard on
> the
> > up-time tho.
>
> That's what i'm trying to avoid... rebooting because of a problem is
> such a
> windows way of solving it.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but what can you do?

I think they had to cut quality to make IDE CDR's as cheap as they are,
ide-scsi is a hack, and Linux scsi support is not exactly best of breed
anyway (tho it's supposed to be reworked in 2.5).

I've had the same problem a couple of times, so if you find a way
around it please let the list know.

Patrick.