Re: CDROM as SCSI

> I've got a recent Woody install (kernel=2.2.20) and I'm trying to eventually
> use cdrecord. Towards that end I added the usual line to lilo.conf and I got
> these results:
>  1) /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd0
>   2) lsmod shows ide-scsi

Is the ide-scsi module the result of CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI from the
kernel configuration? If so then it does not looks the right
configuration option:

  CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI
    This will provide SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices,
    and will allow you to use a SCSI device driver instead of a native
    ATAPI driver.

    This is useful if you have an ATAPI device for which no native
    driver has been written (for example, an ATAPI PD-CD or CDR drive);
    you can then use this emulation together with an appropriate SCSI
    device driver. In order to do this, say Y here and to "SCSI support"
    and "SCSI generic support", below.

    Note that this option does NOT allow you to attach SCSI devices to a
    box that doesn't have a SCSI host adapter installed.

    If both this SCSI emulation and native ATAPI support are compiled
    into the kernel, the native support will be used.

    People with SCSI-only systems can say N here. If unsure, say N.

Assuming you have no SCSI support on your mother board, does your SCSI
card gets detected properly by the kernel?

Maybe the CDROM HOWTO refers to your case?

    Shaul Karl, shaulka@bezeqint.n e t