sid -> woody -> sid

Hey all,

I was using sid for awhile, then decided I should go ahead and get a CD of Woody for general use
(thanks LordSutch).  So I did, changed the sources using apt-cdrom, took off the sid lines, and
refreshed the package cache.  So I ended up not hurting anything, but I then had a bunch of
"local/obsolete" files, as sid had stuff woody didn't.  After some further pondering, I realized I
was enamored enough with sid, that I changed the sources list back to sid, did the update again, and
now the package manager wants to download some 198 megs of stuff over the phoneline to catch back
up.  Strange, as many of the packages it thinks need to be upgraded show that they should be
upgraded to their current version.

How do I get dselect/aptitude/whatever to refresh correctly so that I dont have to spend a few days
straight clogging up my phone lines to upgrade packages that don't need upgrading?

Have I confused anyone?

TIA,
Jeff

--