Re: just use window manager?

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:22:24PM +0800, George Hang wrote:
> i've tried changing the display manager (thinking that it might work),
> but it seemed that i am stuck with gdm and can't go to kdm, wdm, or xdm
> (i've tried to change the default-display-manager file by commenting
> out the gdm path and add in the xdm path in /usr/bin/X11/xdm

You should not edit default-display-manager by hand, I don't think.  Or
if you do, make sure it's only got a single line in it.  No comments or
anything.

Or run dpkg-reconfigure wdm, which will prompt you with a menu for
selecting which display manager to start.

wdm gives you a list of installed window-managers and desktop
environments, so you can select which one you want to start when you log
in.  It is kept up to date automatically, so when you install a new
window manager it will show up in the list.

noah