Re: Java applets in browser

On Friday 19 July 2002 16:07, Larry Smith wrote:
> Help me understand this.
>
> Clear back with Netscape 4.75, which ran on the 2.2
> kernel, Java was available for handling applets.
>
> It appears that unless I've hung on to that legacy
> browser, the newer Mozilla, Opera, etc. can only do
> Java with the Java 1.3 JDK from Sun, which requires a
> newer glib that Debian makes available.  (Unless one
> is flirting with SID or something).
>
> Is this so?  Or have I missed an easy way to add some
> unknown java plugin to activate java in my browsers?

I'm using Mozilla on woody with Sun's Java SDK 1.4.whatever without
problems here. It's a bit strange to install the SDK from an rpm with
alien, but once you're through this, you copy the plugin to Mozilla's
plugin directory and it works.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!