Where can I find the boot image file?

Where can I find the boot image file for building a bootable CD
that can install Debian (woody)?  Or where can I find the parts
that are needed to construct that boot image (with a list of what
is supposed to be in it where to make it work for Debian installs)?
Alternatively, a tarball or tree collection of the files are they
are supposed to be loaded at the time of booting into an install
CD would suffice.  I don't want to download a whole CD.  I only
want these specific files.  For example, in Slackware I can find
this file as "isolinux/initrd.img" in the main download tree.  What
I want is the Debian equivalent, as if I were going to be making my
own bootable ISO (although I'm not really going to be doing that).