Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 04:27:11PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>   * Tasksel UI is confusing.  I watched as my neighbor was
>     accidentally dumped from the program when he thought he was
>     selecting a task.

I have done several installations where after selecting a group in
tasksel, the installer could not find the group although the packages
were available.  In such cases the menu should not contain an option
to select groups that are not available.

Now I just bypass tasksel and have a lot less frustration in
installing Debian.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and
      whose hope the LORD is."            Jeremiah 17:7