Re: Is there an implementation of Active Directory in Linux or Unix's

also sprach Armenteros Roberto <rarmente1@yahoo.com> [2002.07.18.2019 +0200]:
> Today in the company I work for "windows based comany"
> I was challenged about whether any Unix system was
> able to provide Directory Services "just like those of
> microsoft - which they took from Netware". They claim
> that's a feature Windows offers, which is more
> advanced than any other equivalent unix solution. What
> would be the unix way to accomplish this task?

LDAP? (Active Directory really is nothing but...)

> Also, they claim that in the future windows is going
> to take over on the server side as well. Do you guys
> doubt that linux "or unix in general" is going to be
> able to keep up with the rate at which windows is
> getting more popular in both client and server side? I
> just dont want to be forced to use windows in the
> future...that would be like being in jail...

The rate at which windoze is being used on the server side is
decreasing. Look at all the Linux hype in Europe for a hint...

two manic depressives named mastick
had marital problems, quite drastic.
her mood swings were mild,
but his were quite wild.