Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

This is what I do for duplication:

1. Get a system the way you want
2. run "dpkg --get-selections > somefile.dselect"
3. Copy somefile.dselect somewhere accessable, possibly CD with
    installation media
4. Install a base system
5. Copy somefile.dselect to new system
6. Run:  cat somefile.dselect | dpkg --set-selections
7. Run:  apt-get dselect-upgrade (or) dselect install

And in a while your system will be a duplicate of the origional system.

--
Arthur H. Johnson II, Debian GNU/Linux Advocate
Catechist, St John Catholic Church, Davison MI USA

IRC:  By-Tor@irc.debian.org,#debian
YIM:  arthurjohnson
AIM:  bytor4232
ICQ:  31770438